Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I am committed to providing the highest standard of Obstetric care with a focus on evidence based medicine and current technology. Whilst my management plans are tailored to your needs & expectations, I will not compromise on the safety of you and your baby. I am an advocate of normal childbirth and also have the expertise in operative vaginal deliveries & cesarean sections.
Whilst most pregnancies are smooth, I am also skilled in the following:
- Infertility, recurrent miscarriage and other preconception problems
- Early pregnancy complications
- Vaginal birth after caeserean section
- Multiple pregnancies
- Mature age pregnancies
- Patient with complex Obstetric history (including previous stillbirth)
- High risk pregnancy (gestational diabetes, preclampsia)
- Obstetric patients with medical conditions (diabetes, thyroid disease, autoimmune disorders)
- Poor previous Obstetric history
- Elective caesarean section
- Previous miscarriages caused by chromosomal anomolies
Initial Blood Test
- Optional Non-Invasive Pregnancy Test (NIPT) which is a new screening test for sex chromosone abnormality, Downs Syndrome (Trisomy 21), Trisomy 13 and 18
- Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound (optional) screening for Downs Syndrome (Trisomy 21), Trisomy 13 and 18
- Detailed morphology ultrasound which can detect possible structural abnormalities.
- Vaginal swab-screening for Group B Streptococcal carriage